Next time you are having a party or want a quick snack, try these sticky fingers. They are sweet, sticky and a little spicy which makes them great for snacking on during a game or for parties. This is a really easy recipe to do yourself and they look really tasty as well. You can also serve them with steak fries or french fries and maybe a vegetable for a quick meal.
First, you will want to get all the ingredients together (see recipe card at the end of this page). You will need a bag of Tyson’s chicken fingers, Frank’s RedHot sauce, butter and brown sugar. You should probably use dark brown sugar, but we were out so we made this with light brown and it still turned out just fine. If you can’t have or do not want to use butter, PLEASE, do not use margarine or other butter substitute. You will be better off leaving it out.
In a sauce pan, melt the butter over medium low heat being careful not to burn it.
Once the butter is melted, stir in the hot sauce until it is well blended.
At this time, you will want to put the chicken fingers in the oven. Cook them according to the directions on the bag.
After that, add the sugar to the sauce pan slowly, about 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until it is dissolved.
Next, you will want to bring the mixture to a simmer. Increase the heat to medium. Gently stir until it starts to simmer. If it starts to boil, turn down the heat until it is just barely simmering. Keep it simmering for about 5 minutes then taste. It should not be grainy and should look like the picture below. Keep in mind the color may vary depending on the color of the sugar.
Once the chicken is done use a large bowl and put in a couple of the pieces of chicken at a time and pour the sauce over them. Using tongs, swish the chicken in the sauce until it is coated and move to a plate. Continue the process until all the chicken is coated. You might want to leave a couple of pieces out for the family members (GG) that don’t like spicy food.
Serve and Eat!!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- 1½ cups loosely packed Brown Sugar
- 1 bag Chicken Strips (Tyson) or homemade
- Melt butter in sauce pan over medium-low heat, do not let butter burn.
- Stir in hot sauce
- Slowly add in brown sugar, stirring until dissolved
- While stirring, increase heat to medium or until sauce starts to simmer.
- Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Let sauce cool.
- Cook per directions on bag.
- Place a couple of fingers in a deep bowl and cover with the sauce.
- Make sure chicken is coated then remove and shake off excess.
- Repeat until all chicken is covered with sauce.